BMC Research Notes is recruiting new Editorial Board Members (EBMs) to join the Editorial Board. With the increasing visibility of the journal, we are expanding our Editorial Board to ensure the journal is able to cope with an increasing number of submissions whilst maintaining high editorial standards.
We welcome applications from researchers working across all scientific and clinical disciplines.
BMC Research Notes is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that publishes short reports. We welcome a range of contributions, including:
- Initial observations and pilot studies
- Updates to previous work
- Additions to established methods
- Valid negative results
- Scientific data sets and descriptions
The journal does not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles, this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
Who are you looking for?
- We are interested in researchers who are committed to open access publishing, data sharing, and innovation in scientific publishing.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 10 publications published in reputable, English language, peer-reviewed journals.
- They should have been listed as a corresponding author (first or last author) during the few years.
Suitable EBMs for BMC Research Notes must also:
- Support the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and be committed to representing BMC Research Notes within the scientific community.
- Provide a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensure that manuscripts fulfill the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer-review.
What does being an EBM involve?
- EBMs are primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the journal’s requirements and recommending decisions on the basis of peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the journal’s editorial policies.
- EBMs for BMC Research Notes should be willing to handle a minimum of 12 manuscripts per year through peer review across a range of disciplines within their broader subject area.
- We also encourage all of our EBMs to take an active interest in journal development and promotional projects to help increase the visibility of our published research.
- Our EBMs will be provided with access to training materials, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support. EBMs will report to the Editor of the journal.
More details about the responsibilities of our EBMs and FAQs can be found here.
Interested in applying?
If you are interested in becoming an EBM for BMC Research Notes, and you meet the above criteria, please click here to complete and submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you.