Introducing Data Notes
Data notes are data descriptors that aim to increase data availability and support the reuse of valuable research data.
- Be kept short
- Describe scientifically valid data
- Have no analysis or interpretation
- Given a DOI
- Published in BMC Research Notes
Editor Dirk Krüger tells us:
"Data is becoming increasingly more important. Researchers tell us they are motivated to share data to progress research, to receive more credit and visibility for their work and to comply with funder policies."
Read the blog to see why we're making it our mission to publish data.
Did You Know That...?
- You can publish a data note about data which is part of an article you've already published
- 68% of researchers value a data citation as much as a citation to an article1
- A data note can be from any scientific discipline - from nanotechnology to global health, from machine learning to physical cosmology