Skip to main content

Advertisement

Table 4 Sensitivity analyses (SA): Regression coefficients with 95% confidence intervals

From: Predictors of outcome after 6 and 12 months following anthroposophic therapy for adult outpatients with chronic disease: a secondary analysis from a prospective observational study

Variable Main analysis SA1: Evaluable data for all variables SA2: 75% subsample SA3: Remaining 25%, variables from SA2 SA4: 0-12 month improvement SA5: Dependent variable First Symptom
1. Symptom Score at baseline (0-10)* 0.74 (0.66 to 0.81) 0.75 (0.66 to 0.83) 0.73 (0.65 to 0.81) 0.74 (0.59 to 0.90) 0.75 (0.67 to 0.83) 0.72 (0.64 to 0.79)
2. SF-36 Physical Function Scale at baseline (0-100) 0.01 (0.004 to 0.02) 0.01 (0.01 to 0.02) 0.01 (0.003 to 0.02) 0.01 (0.002 to 0.03) 0.01 (0.002 to 0.02) 0.01 (0.0003 to 0.02)
3. Education level (1-3) 0.31 (0.14 to 0.49) 0.32 (0.10 to 0.54) 0.35 (0.15 to 0.56) 0.31 (-0.06 to 0.69) 0.30 (0.11 to 0.50) 0.44 (0.22 to 0.66)
4. SF-36 General Health Item at enrolment (1-5) -0.29 (-0.47 to -0.11 -0.26 (-0.48 to -0.05) -0.23 (-0.43 to -0.03) -0.63 (-1.03 to -0.23) -0.24 (-0.44 to -0.05) -0.23 (-0.44 to -0.01)
5. Main diagnosis J00-J99 Respiratory system** 0.77 (0.29 to 1.25) 0.68 (0.13 to 1.23) 0.76 (0.24 to 1.27) 0.65 (-0.46 to 1.77) --- 0.67 (0.10 to 1.25)
6. Disease duration (years) -0.02 (-0.03 to -0.01) -0.02 (-0.03 to -0.0005) --- --- -0.02 (-0.03 to -0.002) ---
7. Main diagnosis N00-N99 Genitourinary system** -0.63 (-1.10 to -0.16) -0.62 (-1.18 to -0.07) --- --- --- -0.72 (-1.28 to -0.16)
8. Physiotherapy in pre-study year (sessions) -0.01 (-0.02 to -0.002) --- --- --- -0.01 (-0.02 to -0.01) -0.01 (-0.02 to -0.004)
9. Physician's therapy goal at baseline (1-6) 0.12 (0.02 to 0.22) 0.18 (0.06 to 0.30) 0.17 (0.06 to 0.28) 0.01 (-0.22 to 0.23) 0.18 (0.07 to 0.29) 0.27 (0.15 to 0.40)
10. Psychotherapy in pre-study year (sessions) --- -0.01 (-0.02 to -0.004) --- --- --- ---
11. Wage earner** --- --- 0.90 (0.18 to 1.62) -0.66 (-2.28 to 0.97) --- 1.04 (0.24 to 1.84)
12. Non-AM medications in month 0-6 (patient-months) --- --- --- --- -0.03 (-0.05 to -0.01) -0.02 (-0.04 to -0.002)
13. Main diagnosis C00-D48 Neoplasms** --- --- --- --- --- 0.70 (0.08 to 1.32)
  1. *SA5: First ranked symptom at enrolment. **: 0: no, 1: yes. ---: Variable not included in the model.